A little about the Greenwood Christmas Tree Farm
In 1984 we planted our first Christmas Trees. As we waited for these field trees to become old enough to cut, we bought and sold quality pre-cut trees. We knew even then that there would be times when we would experience “A Cut Down.” In fact many “Cut Your Own” Christmas tree farms shut down when a “Cut Down” occurs. They sometimes remain closed for the 6 to 8 years it takes to grow another crop.
Knowing we would eventually experience a total “Cut Down” on our fields, we planted trees on part of our honeybee farm in Cattaraugus County, New York from 2002 to 2008. By growing our own trees, we were able to control the time frame in which they were cut, thus insuring the freshest tree possible. Of the 400 to 500 trees harvested in Western New York this year, over half are 9 feet in height. So, for those of you who came to Greenwood Farm to find a tall tree for a reasonable price, we should be able to help you out. In addition, we have as usual bought in close to a trailer load of trees from Cleary Evergreens. They do an excellent job of growing, shearing and cutting Fraser Fir with a graduated cutting program to ensure freshness.
So while we wait for the latest crop of trees to grow, we hope you can still find your tree here because what we are really trying to grow here are family traditions.
This year we invite you to enjoy our Christmas Gift Shop. Our farm-stand allows us space to display wreaths, kissing balls, decorations, as well as handmade items such as Amish baskets, carved ornaments.
As usual, we have cider to warm you for your trip through the fields or even over the brook to find your perfect tree. We also have Our Own Varietal Honey available for sale. As usual, cider will be available for sale.
Just like people, trees grow in many sizes, shapes, and colors. We leave the selection process largely to you. While it does take 6-8 years to grow a Christmas tree from a seedling and only about 30 seconds to harvest one, we plant them for you and for your family’s enjoyment. Aside from growing trees, we take pleasure from seeing many of the same folks year after year during this holiday time. So whether you pick a fresh cut tree from our tree racks or set off on your own search through the fields, we hope our family tradition of growing & providing Christmas trees will continue as a part of your family’s holiday tradition as well for years to come.
From our family to yours, please accept our warmest wishes for a VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season!
– Crystal, Andy, Wes, & Glenn –
When is Greenwood Tree farm open?
- Season Opening:
Friday after Thanksgiving
Wednesday – Friday 12-4pm
Sat & Sun 9am-4pm
Monday - Closed
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept CASH and CHECKS ONLY, no credits cards, please
- Our Price to “Cut Your Own” is $75+ tax for any tree
- Pre-Cut Trees range in price from $45 to $100+ tax for trees up to 9′
- Prices are subject to change
What else should I know to prepare for my visit to the farm?
- There is PLENTY of FREE on-site parking available
- No chainsaws please – we prefer to keep things natural around the farm – we provide the necessary saws, twine & tree wrap – we’ll gladly help you saw, drill, haul and secure your tree to your vehicle
- Please ask for help with securing your tree if you need it
- You might bring along an old blanket or tarp if you’re securing your Christmas Tree to your car. Trees can scratch your vehicle
- This is a fun, family environment, children are always welcome – please make sure they are dressed according to the current weather conditions – be prepared for cold weather, pine tar, mud, and water
- Dogs are always welcome on a leash
What else will I find at the farm in addition to trees?
- Our farm stand boasts a large selection of ornaments, and other small gifts. Additionally, we sell Crystal’s Own All Natural Varietal Honey, and fresh apple cider. One quick look around the store and you are guaranteed to find the perfect gift for a loved one or friend.
- Inside our farm stand, we have a large decoration station with more ribbons and trim than you can possibly imagine. Get your wreath or kissing ball decorated exactly how you want it!
How do we take care of our tree at home?
- Keep the tree watered at all times – DO NOT let the water run dry!
- We have found that warm water works best as it loosens the sap and allows better watter flow up the tree
- If you are unable (at home) to put the tree in fresh water right away, re-cut 1/2″ off the bottom before placing in water
Directions to Greenwood Christmas Tree Farm
Our Farm is just off US Rte 3 / US Rte 4
From 495: get on Rte 3 south, Exit 35A. Take the Concord Road exit # 27. Take a left off the ramp, towards Bedford, then take your fourth right. That is Dudley Road. Go ¾ of a mile to a stop sign. Go straight for another ½ mile, you will see the signs for the farm on your left.
From 95/128: get on Route 3 North, by the Burlington Mall. Go to Exit 27. Take a left off from the ramp, and take the fourth right. That is Dudley Road. Go ¾ of a mile, you will come to a stop sign. Go straight for another ½ mile and you will see the signs for the farm on your left.
From Rte. 4 North: you will go through Bedford and pass two forks in the road. When you pass the third with Renzo’s Salon in the middle you will stay to the left. You will very shortly cross into Billerica. Take the next Road to the left – Dudley Road. Take the left and you’ll see a bus stop. Go ½ mile and see the signs for the farm on the left.
From Rte. 4 South: you will continue from Chelmsford Center down Rte. 4, passing the West Billerica Fire Station. You will go for about 1 mile and then cross the Concord River. Take the first road to the right after you cross the river. It will be about ½ mile on your left.
From Rte. 62: follow it to Bedford. Take a left onto Route 4 and follow the directions above for Rte. 4 North above.
Visit Our Gift Shop
Great holiday gifts and last minute items are conveniently available in our Christmas Gift Shop. Inside our farm stand we have a large decoration station with more ribbons and trim than you can possibly imagine. We will again, have locally produced apple cider for sale. Join us for complimentary warm apple cider and sample Crystal’s Own All Natural Varietal Honey while you get your wreath or kissing ball decorated exactly how you want it!